CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 29, 2011

I love Abi

I never knew how much I loved Abi until today. This morning I took her in for her 2 month check up and to get her shots. Before the doctor came in, I was sitting with Abi telling her that I loved her and that I was sorry she had to get shots. As I laid her down on the table I held her hand and looked onto her eyes. She cried the hardest I have seen her cry and wouldn't breath back in. I remembered that my mom said I would do that and she would blow into my face to make me breathe again. So I did. As she cried tears came to my eyes. It was the saddest thing. After the nurse left I sat there with her and held her close. I love her so much and I know there will be many more times that she will hurt. I will be right there to hold her in my arms.

5 comments:

Nutty Nicky said...

I took Mikayla in for her 6 month shots today, and I never get used to the fact of that kind of cry. I agree, it's one of those cries that you don't hear at all, and it's SO MUCH worse. It's great to be able to comfort them after that thought. I'm glad you realized how much you love her.

gm said...

Oh my dear Teara, how blessed you are!! She IS so precious!! You are a great Mom and doing wonderfully. Keep taking those beautiful pictures of her and you! We love them -- and you!
Happy blessing day!! love gm

~Conradis~ said...

Isn't that the worst? I think anybody who is a mom can say the same thing. I just sit there and cry with them... You are blessed!

Tory Miller said...

It is so sad to hear them like that!! It always breaks my heart! Once they get a little older though, they kinda just look at the nurse like what the heck did you do that for ya jerk!! And then they cry a little!! But I do agree! It is one of the hardest things to do! I have to take both my kids the same day to get shots! Not looking forward to it!

debbi said...

Just wait till you have a boy! I held onto my little guys hands while they had their circumcision done! That REALLY is heartbreaking! I hated having them cry for their shots, but I gave them Tylenol drops a few minutes before the shot, and then nursed them for comfort right after, and they were good. She is really cute, Matt and Teara. Sorry we missed the blessing! Boy, what a big day--having your dad there? I can tell they are really proud grandparents. We love you guys! Good luck with the outings at the park. I keep telling Natalie that she just needs to get Cambria used to the stroller, but I think she's waiting for better weather. Love, Debbi

Post a Comment