CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Crazy weekend!

Well, it has been a very interesting, busy stressful couple of weeks. Last weekend we went to Vernal. We got there on Thursday night. Matt's parents were watching Shady (Brian and Teneil's dog) while they were on vacation. Tank LOVES Shady. We joke that he's going to see his girlfriend. They immediately began playing as soon as we got there. I was a little worried because they were getting pretty rowdy and Shady is quite allot bigger than Tank but I didn't stop them. Shady was on her back and Tank got on her stomach. She got a hold of him with her paws and threw him about 3 feet in the air and he laded wrong on his leg fracturing it. It was the saddest cry I have ever heard. I felt helpless. He was in so much pain. We watched him all night and he was favoring it pretty good. It was to late to take him to the vet so we put him to bed. The next day we made an appointment with the Vet.


The Vet checked him out and took x rays. He had a fractured bone in his wrist. He said that he would put a cast on him but he would have to sedate him. I was not at all cool with that. I told him hat I would just hold him but he said it wouldn't work. We had to leave him there for an hour. We went home and got ready for Spencer's wedding. Matt's mom and dad had to pick Tank up so that we could go. Spencer is Matt's friend that hooked Matt and I up. It was a beautiful wedding and the scenery was gorgeous.

It was a very peaceful setting. I love the colors. I would have taken a lot more pictures but Brian and Teneil have my camera in Europe.

She has two very cute little kids.

We are so happy for him. He's the last of Matt's friends to get married and we always wanted to set him up since he set us up.

When we got home we found tank in cast. How cute is that?!!!

We went riding the next day at the Honda hills. It was pretty fun but Matt ended up breaking his toe. I had two broken boys to take care of.
We went home on Sunday night and as soon as we got home Tank started throwing up. We thought maybe it was just car sickness but he threw up two more times. I was getting a little worried. We went to bed and I got up the next morning to go to work and he had diarrhea all night and ALL over his new bed that we just bought for him. I let him out and he threw up again. This time he had blood in it. I flipped. I thought Tank had Parvo (a disease that kills about 90% of dogs that get it) from the vet. I was cleaning the floor and balling my eyes out. I decided to stay home and take care of him. I prayed so hard for him. I did some research on the medicine the vet gave him and Tank had allot of the side effects listed... nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, not wanting to eat, lack of energy. I was livid. I immediately called my mom. She was furious. I called two Vets and one said to seperate the medication from the food and give it to him in his mouth which I later read on the instructions for the medication you were NOT supposed to do. The other Vet just wanted us to bring him in. I decided to wait. I really don't like Vet's. I threw away the medication.

Here he is when we gave him a bath to clean him up. This was v
ery tricky. We put a ziplock bag over his cast and cinched it with a rubber band. We gave him p
eto bismal. The first couple of day
We gave him peto bismal. The first couple of days he wouldn't eat even with broth on his food. I had to hand feed him. The vet from Vernal got back to us and told us to not feed him for a day and give him more pepto. We did as told and finally today he is doing much, much better.

I think our cute little boy is going to make it! We love him so much. My prayers were answered.

3 comments:

Nutty Nicky said...

Sounds like a stressful/fun weekend. I broke my toe before and it's not fun. POOR TANK!!! His cast does look cute, but it's sad that he broke it. Hope both boys get fixed up soon, and everything goes well with you.

gm said...

Oh poor Tank! I think he has a good mommy who took good care of him tho. You kids knew what to do and I am so pleased you went with your inner feelings and did what was right for him. I am so glad he is getting better, but how is Matt's toe? Ouch that must have hurt!! Hang in there, things do get better. love gm

Miller Fam said...

Crazy weekend! Hang in there Tank! As for Matt's toe, ouch! You don't realize how much you use your toes until one is broken. And, the worst part about it is you can't do anything for it really except for maybe splint it with a popsicle stick.) Maybe I should bring over a bag of popsicles! ;) Hope he's feeling better soon!

Post a Comment