CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Itty Bitty Abi

Abi just went in for her 9 month check up on Friday. The doctor asked how everything was going and I told her "Great! This is the funnest stage so far. She is happy, sitting up and sleeping through the night." But then she looked at Abi's charts and turned them around for me to see with a bad look on her face. Abi only gained 1/4 lb in 3 months making her a whopping 13 lbs 2 oz. and only grew 1/4" of an inch. Not good. She told me I need to start feeding Abi butter with her rice cereal, get her drinking more liquids and eating more fatty foods as well as me. I also have to build up my milk supply and take an herb called Fenugreek. Then she proceeded to tell me that she mat have a thyroid problem and that I needed to go to the lab to get tests done. So I did. It was horrible. Abi didn't have and good veins to draw blood so three us had to hold her down while they poked her food and squoze blood out. This lasted about 15 to 20 minutes. By the time I got her home she was exhausted and shaking. Poor baby. All this to find out that her tests came out normal. She's just a small baby and I do need to try to get her to eat more food but she is happy and to me she looks healthy. So it will be a game. Her target weight game for a month is 18 lbs eeek! We will see how she does. :)

1 comments:

Andy and Natalie said...

Oh my! How sad! I'm so sorry, that must have been really stressful for you! I hope everything goes well and that she gains more weight!

Post a Comment