CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Starting fresh


I took Abi to the pediatrician yesterday because all of her symptoms of acid reflux were coming back. Along with inconsolable crying starting when Matt got home on into the night for about four days. The doctor doubled her dose of medication, and has me on a very strict diet. No dairy products, peanut butter, chocolate, broccoli, cauliflower, or anything spicy. Basically anything that makes you gassy. This is just in case it's gas. I'm pretty positive that it isn't just gas. She also thought that it could be that Abi is allergic to my breast milk. If the medication doesn't change anything than we will have to put her on a special formula which I DO NOT want to do. It seems like it is a guessing game. I'm pretty sure that it is acid reflux.
When Matt got home last night, I went to Walmart and got some Mylicon drops. We gave her some of that and her medication and..... she stopped crying and did pretty good through the night!!!! Yay! I hope I have my Abi back. So far today she has been doing great! Jeremy came over and hung out with me. Abi was awake and bright eyed most of the time. I am so excited!
Things are looking up!

Here is a picture that I took the other night that I think is so funny. We were having tummy time and I just happened to capture this great picture.
This one is a keeper. It's going in her scrap book I still need to start. :)

6 comments:

Dave and Rachel said...

Teara, I was so sad I missed seeing you the other night at Jack's birthday party. We got there just after you guys left. I wanted to see you and meet your sweet Abi. I'm glad things are getting better! She is so darling! That picture makes me laugh. :D

Nutty Nicky said...

I'm so glad things are going better. I hope it continues that way. I would feel bad if she was allergic to your milk. I wasn't able to breastfeed Mikayla, and I felt horrible about it, and felt like a bad mom, but I figured if she's healthy, then who cares.
I really hope that this will fix it. It's so hard to figure out what to do with babies, because they can't talk, so it is a HUGE guessing game.

Natalie said...

Oh, I hope it's just gas! Cambria gets gas A LOT, it used to wake her up at night every few hours and it's started again just a few days ago. We keep lots of Mylicon drops on hand, and they do help. I hope she's not allergic to your milk! It's so hard to be on a strict diet. Personally, I think you should go off of those things one by one to see which one is the problem (if it is any of those things), instead of having to continue the crazy diet if she gets better. But hey, I'm not a doctor, what do I know?
She's getting so cute! Love you!

gm said...

Oh bless you! I can remember those days with one of ours!!Becky and Natalie can sure relate too I know. She WILL get better!! Hopefully it is not your milk but if it is, then formula it is,(and Matt then can get up and feed her at night) ha. She is such a sweet and beautiful baby and I know all you want is for her to feel good again. Poor little one! Just keep up with the drops, I wish we had them when my kids were little! Sounds like you have a wonderful support group there! That is what family is for!! We love you-- all 3!!!!! gm

The Mathews said...

Aubrey had a milk sensitivity and was put on special formula around 3 months. My strict diet didn't work for her, but honestly, I LOVED bottle feeding. It was so much easier for me all the way around and I was so much more comfortable for multiple reasons. Formula these days is really good and there's no need to feel bad about not breastfeeding if that's what you decide to do. Glad to hear things are looking up!

Mike and Nic said...

Oh I'm so sorry!! I hope she gets feeling better soon. Mylie had colic when she was a baby and to be honest, it was pretty much 3 months of constant crying. She would cry every night from 8-11 and I could never get her to calm down. Hopefully your diet and her medication will help her (and you). Let me know if I can help you with anything. If you need me to come take care of her for a couple hours so you can get some sleep, I'd be happy to help! Also, if you have to stop breastfeeding, don't worry. She'll be fine on formula and you have no reason to feel guilty over it.

Post a Comment