CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Introducing Miss Abigail Irene

Well she is finally here!
I started having contractions out of the blue on Sunday at around 11:00 pm when Matt and I were getting into bed. They were about 4 to 5 minutes apart and very painful. Keep in mind I don't have a very good pain tolerance. After about 45 minutes we decided to go in to the hospital because they were so close together. We got in and they checked me and I was at a 2.5 almost 3. About 40 minutes later I was at a 4 and they admitted me. I got me epidural and the rest was a breeze. The nurse was amazing and I was laughing while pushing. I only had to push for an hour. My regular doctor was on vacation and so I had an on call doctor who was just a great. She was delivered at 9:40 am. She was 6 lbs. 1 oz. and 19" long. She has long fingers, big feet and a full head of hair.
So all in all (with a lot of help from the epidural), Abi's birth was very good. Now I just have to recover from the epesotamy (however you spell that) :)
Here she is.....Day one....



Day two....

I love t his one. Jeremy was so excited. He wanted to be the first one called. We did but we had the wrong number sense he just changed it. :(
Day 3 going home...


Day 4...







The pants are drowning her.

We are so happy to have Abi and I can't wait to do a photo shoot. I will post more pictures of her birth soon. As for right now, I need a nap. :)

12 comments:

Andy and Natalie said...

Aren't epidurals fantastic? I remember almost falling asleep between pushing haha.
She is absolutely adorable! Congratulations! Let me know when you've recovered enough to do a photo shoot with our girls!

Tory Miller said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful!!!! :)

Dave and Rachel said...

Congrats Teara and Matt! She is so beautiful! I love all her hair!! Hope the 3 of you are doing well!

The Mathews said...

Welcome to the world Abi! So glad to hear that you had an easy delivery and we hope the rest is just as breezy!

gm said...

Oh happy day! she reminds me so much of her mother and her grandmother. Honestly she really does look alot like Cindee as a baby. Love the dark hair and big blue eyes! Aren't babies just wonderful???? so glad to hear Matt's mom is there to help for a little while till you get used to all the changes. So very happy for you and can't wait to see our little Abi! love gm

the Bunker Family said...

Congrats you two! You have a beautiful daughter and we are very excited for your growing little family. She is lucky to have such great parents. Can't wait to meet her...

~Conradis~ said...

She is absolutely beautiful, isn't it just so unreal?!?
Congratulations! Can't wait to see her!

Bethany Jones said...

Hooray! We are so excited for you! She has a lot of hair! She's adorable! Epidurals are great, aren't they?! Let us know when you are feeling all recovered and up for company. :)

Nutty Nicky said...

She is adorable. I can't believe how much hair she has!! he he... I am glad that you are doing well, and I'm happy for you both. Parenting is so much fun. Challenging at times, but every time you see her sweet little smile, it makes it all worth it. Love Jeremy, Nicole, and Mikayla

debbi said...

You two make cute babies!! She looks a lot like Teara did, I think. But I can sure see Matt in her. Congratulations!! Can't wait to get together with all of us!! What a great family reunion we will have, and so much fun with lots of little ones coming up! Love, Debbi

Mike and Nic said...

She's so pretty!! Congrats!

Kristin said...

Teara and Matt, We are so very happy for you both! She is beautiful! I love how alert she is in the later pictures. Can't wait to see pictures from your photo shoots! Love you guys! Love, Kristin

Post a Comment